December 20, 2022
East Side Water System would like to remind our customers to protect your pipes from the upcoming freezing weather through the next few days. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Turn your water off and drain the pipes if you can. But if you must, drip your faucets to prevent freezing but please do not let a faucet run. Running the faucets will put a strain on the water system due to many people doing the same thing. A drip is all you need to get the job done.
- Open your cabinets below your kitchen sink or anywhere your water supply is on an outside wall. Just that little bit of extra heat can make a difference.
- Please take the time to locate your water shut off valves to your home. This will be helpful if you have a busted water line in your home.
- Take the time now to insulate your exposed pipes. Be proactive. You can also fill some ice chests and buckets full of water to prepare.
- As the freeze starts to thaw, check your piping for leaks before you call the water office. We cannot fix leaks on your side of the meter.
Our guys have been working hard the last few days preparing for the winter storm this week. We hope that you all will do the same